Author Topic: Possible to restrict a feature to more than one category?  (Read 3784 times)

January 19, 2016, 02:36:56 PM
Read 3784 times

Svamp

• Information
    • View Profile
The SoftwareCategory tag works pretty well in my modding tests to add things like mouse support to Computer OS but not to Console and Phone, but would it be possible to add a feature to more than one category? For example add keyboard support to Phone and Computer but not to Console?

January 19, 2016, 10:29:46 PM
Reply #1

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Nope, but I'll add it for Alpha 8, as it would break saves.

February 27, 2016, 08:53:30 PM
Reply #2

Svamp

• Information
    • View Profile
The new way of adding features for more than one category works great, but would it also be possible to add a similar tag for a whole software type? The <OSLimit> tag only seems to work on one category at once. Let say for example that I would like to allow File managers to be developed for Phones AND Computers but not Consoles.

March 01, 2016, 09:52:15 PM
Reply #3

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
The new way of adding features for more than one category works great, but would it also be possible to add a similar tag for a whole software type? The <OSLimit> tag only seems to work on one category at once. Let say for example that I would like to allow File managers to be developed for Phones AND Computers but not Consoles.

You can use the tag several times so limit it to computers and phones should work.

March 02, 2016, 10:43:09 PM
Reply #4

Svamp

• Information
    • View Profile

You can use the tag several times so limit it to computers and phones should work.

Having the tag more than once will somehow negate the OSSpecific tag for the AI. Tried setting the office tool to both Phone and Computer, suddenly the AI was able to develop the software without an OS.

March 05, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
Reply #5

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
Do you get the same result if you develop on your own ? This seems to be bug, please report this issue to the dev so he can fix it while version alpha 8 is at testing branch.

March 08, 2016, 11:56:53 PM
Reply #6

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
OSLimit works differently from feature limits, as it limits the whole software. Unfortunately, I won't be able to add multiple OS category limits in Alpha 8, as it would break save compatibility, but I'll keep a note of it for alpha 9.

March 09, 2016, 09:35:52 PM
Reply #7

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
OSLimit works differently from feature limits, as it limits the whole software. Unfortunately, I won't be able to add multiple OS category limits in Alpha 8, as it would break save compatibility, but I'll keep a note of it for alpha 9.

Okay thanks for the statement  :)

March 06, 2017, 05:31:23 PM
Reply #8

pokmon987

• Information
  • Misk Creator and "Lead" for The Hybrid Project
    • View Profile