Author Topic: Wiki has been updated to Alpha 7 changes  (Read 3329 times)

January 15, 2016, 12:46:26 AM
Read 3329 times

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
The modding guide has been updated, available here: http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modding.

Make speciel note of the server tag for features, as should be lowered A LOT, now that it is using mbps * active users.

January 15, 2016, 05:13:31 PM
Reply #1

Vinolik

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for this!!! Now I can finally resume my modding work

January 15, 2016, 07:43:16 PM
Reply #2

Chckn

• Information
  • I like chicken nuggets.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the wiki update!

January 15, 2016, 10:27:20 PM
Reply #3

Chckn

• Information
  • I like chicken nuggets.
    • View Profile
For software categories, is a software mod limited to one or can there be multiple software categories. 

January 16, 2016, 02:14:35 AM
Reply #4

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
For software categories, is a software mod limited to one or can there be multiple software categories.
There should always be more than one category, otherwise you should not add the "Categories" tag and let the game use the "Default" category.

February 05, 2016, 08:58:22 PM
Reply #5

Zlambe

• Information
    • View Profile
I noticed that, on the topic of Innovation, Usability and Stability (under Features) the Wiki mentions that:
These three tags are normalized, so you can put in any number. 3, 4 and 5 would result in 3/12, 4/12 and 5/12.
Does this mean that the numbers are always out of 12, and how unstable is 1/12 stability? Is that like super unstable, or just a bit unstable (i.e. how much does it hurt the product's sales)?
Currently working on a high-polish, rounded software mod for Alpha 7.
Link is coming soon, I want to at least finish off 2 pieces of software before I release an alpha version.

February 06, 2016, 06:05:45 AM
Reply #6

smudge202

• Information
    • View Profile
That's not what it means, Zlambe.  It was only out of 12 because the values 3, 4, & 5 were used (3 + 4 + 5 = 12). If the values had been 1 + 2 +3 then it would have been out of 6.

With regards to stability, the best bet is to create some test software and see for yourself the difference attributes make (pay attention to the bottom right of the design document as features are enabled/disabled).

February 06, 2016, 09:10:10 AM
Reply #7

Zlambe

• Information
    • View Profile
That's not what it means, Zlambe.  It was only out of 12 because the values 3, 4, & 5 were used (3 + 4 + 5 = 12). If the values had been 1 + 2 +3 then it would have been out of 6.

With regards to stability, the best bet is to create some test software and see for yourself the difference attributes make (pay attention to the bottom right of the design document as features are enabled/disabled).

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I initially looked at 3 and 4 and thought that it was lowest common multiple, but then I saw the 5 and that assumption hit the floor. So I can take that to mean that the numbers are more about balance between the three on each feature then?
Currently working on a high-polish, rounded software mod for Alpha 7.
Link is coming soon, I want to at least finish off 2 pieces of software before I release an alpha version.

February 06, 2016, 06:15:02 PM
Reply #8

smudge202

• Information
    • View Profile