Author Topic: XML vs SCRIPTING  (Read 1973 times)

December 31, 2015, 08:18:41 AM
Read 1973 times

Catley $$

• Information
  • De Wanna Wanga
    • View Profile
NOTE: I know that scripting isn't planned nor will it be implemented soon just sharing my thought :)

Lets start this off simple, I really like the idea of being able to add many things through scripting together a mod compiled together with DLL files . . .

Software Inc. Modding in its current state is basic and nearly everyone can do it (which of course is a pro) but is extremely limited to adding things already in the game . . .

if scripting was involved, its really the programmers limits . . .

Hopefully in the near future you can add new furniture(coredumps pls respond :P)

I also want to know if you want to keep adding on to the XML capabilities or just tweak modding ever so slightly

It would be great to see people making whole new systems from scripts though . . .

What are your thoughts ? :D !!!!!

December 31, 2015, 10:07:32 PM
Reply #1

amensch

• Information
  • Live a life worth remembering.
    • View Profile
I don't know much about modding with DLLs,
but maybe there is a way for modding it like you can do in GTA 5.
From what I know is Modding in GTA done via Injecting DLLs into the game and so creating whole new systems.

Maybe you know how injecting DLLs work :)

December 31, 2015, 11:44:42 PM
Reply #2

Chckn

• Information
  • I like chicken nuggets.
    • View Profile
Would certainly be cool if it did not take alot of work from the developer's part. If it did it would take time from developing things for the game. I am sure he has mentioned something about moddable furniture

January 02, 2016, 12:08:10 AM
Reply #3

Catley $$

• Information
  • De Wanna Wanga
    • View Profile
I don't know much about modding with DLLs,
but maybe there is a way for modding it like you can do in GTA 5.
From what I know is Modding in GTA done via Injecting DLLs into the game and so creating whole new systems.

Maybe you know how injecting DLLs work :)

Not entirely sure how it works . . .
Although maybe the dev could let us import our own models and add them to the game through XML.
Either way I am really looking forward to more content and that is why I'm so interested in modding !