Author Topic: Modding update  (Read 1351 times)

July 26, 2015, 09:55:55 PM
Read 1351 times

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Hey! So sorry for the neglect. The upcoming update 5.3(not the one on the beta branch on Steam now) will fix most issues with modding, e.g. not being able to define company types, not being able to select dependencies and event companies breaking mod loading. It should release during these next couple of days.

I've updated "TestMod" in the sticky post to have the correct company type definition, note that the "Type" xml tag has a value, e.g. "<Type Name="Test Software">1</Type>". The number value should be between 0 and 1 and determines how many percent of effort the software takes to make, e.g. 0.5 means a software will take 50% energy and companies will be able to develop two at the same time. Currently it is set to 1 (which is 100%) for all software in the game, since it mostly causes an overflow of releases if it is set lower. You can play around with it and see the results in the simulation rundown when you start a new game.

Also sorry for not updating the wiki, it got bombarded with spam and I just couldn't get myself to deal with it, so I locked it for now. I don't get what people get out of spamming a hardly used wiki for a small indie game with pure nonsense, probably bots, but still.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?