Author Topic: Alpha 9.8.1 out on testing branch  (Read 1692 times)

June 08, 2017, 03:19:07 PM
Read 1692 times

JimRaynor56

• Information
  • Global Moderator
  • Subreddit Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc on Reddit
I've been considering whether to skip alpha 9 completely and move straight on to alpha 10, as the feedback has been kind of mixed and I don't want to give a bad impression for first-time players. I've decided to stay with alpha 9 and do one last overhaul of the alpha phase by making code and art progress easier to read using a small generic number, rather than the "lines of code" metric, and putting an estimate of the final value in the design document window.

I want to stress that having a progress bar no longer makes any sense, as the underlying quality of a product can no longer be condensed into a single number without being very misleading, and it would ultimately make the game more confusing.

Changes
  • Switched to code/art units and added estimate in design document (all current contracts will fail)
  • Made alpha phase endless, where code quality will very slowly decrease when being over developed
  • Added ability to filter lists by column values
  • Add the (Any) indication to leader role labels
  • Disable confirmation dialogs option
  • Task type filter now shows everything when all toggles are off, which they are by default
  • Running out of company names will no longer result in an error but will be logged
  • Ability to instantly release products using modded software from console
  • Add in-dev OS dependency warning

Fixes
  • Newspaper will not mention lack of potential sales for new companies, since it's relative
  • In-house products should not count towards sequel bonus
  • Failed steam workshop mods will now show real name in bug report and a list of mods that failed to load are given in the options window
  • Mod loading code wouldn't note software type name in error message when failing to parse XML
  • Various other fixes

Moderator of /r/SoftwareInc.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?