Author Topic: Enabled furniture mods don't appear in game  (Read 2213 times)

December 31, 2016, 01:57:28 AM
Read 2213 times

nekomaster

• Information
    • View Profile
So I just got the game today but I have been playing it for a little while now through friends, I currently have ALPHA 8.11.27

So I went and got some Furniture mods mods Kitchen Equipment and Simple Tables, but even though I enabled them while making a new company/character nothing appears in game.
I mean I'll get into game after making my company, and even if I start in 1990, or 2010, nothing other then the original furniture appears. And I'm absolutly sure I hit "Toggle" to enable those mods.

I am aware that updates to the game can break mods, so is it possible these mods from May/June don't work anymore?

How does one fix or update a mod to work with a newer version?

Thanks in advance for any help, it may also help me with learning modding in the future if I can figure out how to fix/update mods (I just found out Windows 10 object viewer can also make 3d objects.

January 06, 2017, 08:14:46 PM
Reply #1

nekomaster

• Information
    • View Profile
Hmm.... slow around here...

I still would like to know how to get Furniture Mods to appear in game. As I said before, even if I enable Furniture mods on a new game by toggling/enabling them, none of the furniture appears in game as if I never had the mod period.

I've checked this multiple times and nothing appears.

I also made some of my own Object files to try out once I can get Furniture mods from the workshop or here working, then I can learn how to make my own mods.

So any help with getting Furniture mods to appear in game would be appreciated, I really would like to make my own furniture mods for this game.

-nekomaster

February 10, 2017, 04:12:45 PM
Reply #2

rustyspoon

• Information
    • View Profile
same, tried to make my own mod today, i see it int he software list, it shows up for my to enable, yet nothing will show up in the new game i create.

February 13, 2017, 06:34:09 PM
Reply #3

Emonadeo

• Information
  • Modder and Furniture Creator
    • View Profile
Normally custom furniture doesn't count as a mod thus it shouldn't appear in the mods list when creating a new game. When you download something from the workshop and restart the game it should work. Furniture goes in the Furniture folder, not mods folder. :)