Author Topic: How to create a new Research?  (Read 2468 times)

March 08, 2016, 02:40:02 AM
Read 2468 times

ArthurAraujo234

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi! I know it's possible create a new feature, but is it possible create a RESEARCH for this feature? How?

March 08, 2016, 07:26:06 AM
Reply #1

JackBank

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Check out my mod at Mo' Stuff Mod

March 09, 2016, 09:39:54 PM
Reply #2

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
Note that currently we cannot build research trees, so the feature defined as base feature in the research attribute must be available without research.. I bumped against this wall some times so I just want to mention this.

April 03, 2016, 10:11:10 AM
Reply #3

theglob

• Information
    • View Profile
Is the linked topic achieved or something? When I click on the link I get an error that I do not have the permission to read it, and I am in the same predicament.

Edit: Found the solution, one question that arised though is there a reason as to why a research can not depend on a feature that is researchable itsself? Or at least a from=. I am making researchable hardware but as it is now this leads to broken AI releases since the AI does not know it is only allowed to add once CPU and it should pick the newer one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:35:00 PM by theglob »

April 11, 2016, 10:45:11 AM
Reply #4

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
I think the current implementation cannot handle dependencies to researchable features. Currently the dependency calculation is based on either available on market or unlock date. A researchable feature's unlock date would not be the indicator for availability.

EDIT: I must correct myself: Regarding to the wiki it says for researchable features "[..] and other features in the same software type can not depend on it." This implies you can depent on researchable features from other software types.. I'll test it out.

I think (and hope) that this will be implemented later. Note: There is no statement from the dev why that restriction was built in.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:35:01 PM by cray935 »