Author Topic: Modding How-To  (Read 24123 times)

February 15, 2015, 07:53:14 AM
Read 24123 times

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Download the test mod from here: http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/TestMod.zip.

The folder "TestMod" inside the zip file should be put in the Mods folder, in the root directory of the game.
The mod will appear in the New Game screen with the same name as the folder.

You can read a modding guide here: http://swinc.net/wiki/index.php?title=Modding
It is not yet complete.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:54:22 AM by khornel »

June 26, 2015, 09:00:58 AM
Reply #1

ItsMeCarsen

• Information
  • SOCCER 4 LYFE
    • View Profile
    • CTastic
How do I delete a thread
Carsen Ebert

I love the passion and the heart you have. Keep your progress high and life will reward you. Desire Success as much as you need air. Live life to the fullest ~ Carsen Ebert

July 10, 2015, 09:04:56 AM
Reply #2

King Of Creepers

• Information
    • View Profile
I have seen with the new 5.1 update, every mod I try to use, including the default unedited TestMod, got an error on startup. "Error loading mod TestMod. Error loading company type: Test.xml with error: Asked for non-existent xml tag [Localization Not Loaded]

July 25, 2015, 07:57:48 PM
Reply #3

Valcav

• Information
    • View Profile
An idea:

Maybe creating a little tool (for mod makers) that they can use to "validate" there mod against the latest game version (or game version they could select in that tool)?

For example: they can select there mod map, and then it will scan the files and see if it is compatible with the latest version of the game...
and when something is wrong, to show (which file, at which line in the file) what is wrong and maybe trying to give a solution for it.
So that things like in the following picture won't happen anymore or less.

July 28, 2015, 11:14:38 PM
Reply #4

Chckn

• Information
  • I like chicken nuggets.
    • View Profile
If I want to make a software type like a online messenger that requires servers, how do I make one that is used for a long while? MMOs usually stop demanding server load after a year, which is not very realistic when compared to real life MMO's. Is it possible for software to be used longer? Or is it something that should be added to suggestions? :)

January 17, 2016, 11:13:50 PM
Reply #5

Lazosa

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey guys it been a long time but finnaly i had be able to update this list
hope you enjoy
Follow Me on Twitch : www.twitch.tv/brolazosa

March 01, 2016, 08:34:19 PM
Reply #6

Lerakroxa

• Information
    • View Profile
The title says it all.

Say I want to cancel the tree chopping sound in a mod not replace, remove. How do I go about doing it? Do I replace it with an empty tag?

March 28, 2016, 05:14:22 PM
Reply #7

JamesVizion

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey,

Could you add my mod to the list?

Preferred link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653906034
Alternative forum link: http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=1200.0

Thanks, appreciate it!

March 28, 2016, 10:12:30 PM
Reply #8

AlbinoStoic

• Information
  • aka The AngryAlbino
    • View Profile
    • AngryAlbino's YouTube
Hey,

Could you add my mod to the list?

Preferred link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653906034
Alternative forum link: http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=1200.0

Thanks, appreciate it!

[ Wrong thread, no list here; the list is in another sticky. ]  HOW DID YOU MAKE YOURS PUBLIC?  I uploaded to the Workshop and it's stuck Hidden, can't mark it otherwise, and the in game uploader is still carp (as known).

0.01MB at 0b/sec .  I have symmetric 1gbps , I call bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:14:32 PM by AlbinoStoic »

March 28, 2016, 10:25:35 PM
Reply #9

amensch

• Information
  • Live a life worth remembering.
    • View Profile
Well I have exactly the same fucking problem...
Khornel please help, would really be appreciated :)

March 28, 2016, 10:29:16 PM
Reply #10

AlbinoStoic

• Information
  • aka The AngryAlbino
    • View Profile
    • AngryAlbino's YouTube
Just confirmed it is most definitely an issue on their [ CoreDumping ] side.  My own SteamWorks' account can still access the Workshop, including uploading Mods directly as the author of a software.  [ Something only he could do, but it proves the Steam Workshop itself is not the issue. ]  I was also able to upload (instantly) from the TF2 Editor.

April 02, 2016, 05:30:10 PM
Reply #11

theglob

• Information
    • View Profile
I think the modding guide is horribly outdatet is it not? It might also be the case that I am simply stupid but whatever I do I can not get to a blank slate state which is what I want to achieve. I basically want to remove all software types, company types, companies, and as much else as I can to get a clean slate to start up my modding since the systems I have planned and partially already scripted would interfer with what is already there.

Any hints?

the <delete> tag does not work no matter where I place it, no matter if it is capitalized or not. I tried just setting the tag somwhere or encase the part I want to delted in the tag but all I get is an error telling me that the tag is not correct or no error at all but the content is still there.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

April 02, 2016, 09:09:46 PM
Reply #12

AlbinoStoic

• Information
  • aka The AngryAlbino
    • View Profile
    • AngryAlbino's YouTube
-- Workshop uploading now works, it previously was that you had to have a Personalities.xml with base (empty) tags.

As per the Modding Documentation, the Wiki is the only up-to-date place, and it's pretty close to the latest information you can get.

http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modding

April 02, 2016, 11:48:14 PM
Reply #13

theglob

• Information
    • View Profile
I got the deleting of companies to work now. I also got the removal of software working with one or a few but not all of the software types. Any hints on how I can achieve a blank slate as in remove all software of the vanilla game? I have a code pasted in a thread I opend today. I tinkered around meanwhile but run in to more and more problems.

April 03, 2016, 05:37:58 AM
Reply #14

SoRobby

• Information
    • View Profile
Has any one gotten the Companies.xml file to actually work?  After editing the file I am unable to see my company that I have made.