- Build, furnish and maintain office buildings up to ten stories + basement, on an enormous land, using a free-form building system with easy copy-paste tools
- Hire employees to design, develop, support, research and market software in teams
- Build assembly lines to manufacture hardware
- Build roads and parking to ease commuting for your employees
- Tend to your employees' needs, demands, skills and specializations, while making sure each team has compatible personalities
- Customize your own employee avatar
- Create your own products and franchises
- Compete in a simulated and randomly populated market by selling your products, taking on contract work, creating patents, making deals or trading stocks
- Hire staff to repair your furniture and computers, clean your office, make food for your employees or greet visitors
- Mod what kind of software and hardware you can develop, add your own furniture, upload your building blueprints or add support for your language
- Delegate important tasks to your team leaders, such as managing development cycles and human resources
- Set up your own servers for products, source control and running your own online store
Get the DRM-free version of Software Inc.
Software Inc. is currently in Early Access, meaning it is still under development. Core features are subject to change and the game might be unstable in areas. This purchase does not include a Steam key.
The purchase includes:
- Immediate access to the current version
- All future updates
- The final release
- Windows, Mac and Linux builds
- No ads and no In-app purchases, ever
Note that the difference between the Steam release and the version you can buy on this site, is that the Steam version will require that Steam is running when you launch Software Inc. The version sold on this site will not have any Steam synchronization. Buying the game on Steam does not include the version sold on this site.
What does DRM-free mean?
DRM(Digital Rights Management)-free means the game does not include any anti-piracy measures, such as requiring an online connection or a key to unlock. You just download the game files and they are yours to keep forever.
Get Software Inc. on Steam
Patch notes for Alpha 11.7.62
This should be the last patch before work on Beta 1 starts.
Added ability to see what competitors are researching
AI will now prioritize researching tech that hasn't been researched in a while and isn't currently being researched by a lot of other companies
Added more errors when employees are assigned to furniture in rooms they are not allowed in
Feature tooltips are simplified in simple design document mode to avoid confusing new players
Fixed AI having higher chance of doing research with more days per month, making patents more difficult to obtain
Fixed rotation of corner carpets when flipping rooms
Game will now remove submarket values below 0 from mods, to avoid breaking game
Patch notes for Alpha 11.7.61
Added car model LOD to improve performance with many cars on screen at once
Updated main font, to make period and comma clearer, and monospace current time and money, to avoid jittering
Ability to refill refillable furniture from the bottom left info panel
Assembly line window now lists the effectiveness of printers and assemblers in each group
Fixed last column in finances window cutting off data if looking at a previous date in yearly or quaterly mode
Fixed outdoor navigation mesh not refreshing after undoing curving wall on ground floor, potentially causing issues navigating until something else changes
Fixed cases of furniture not being reachable even though it should be
Fixed bug that could cause burglars to break if they entered a room with an elevator and a security guard in close proximity
Patch notes for Alpha 11.7.59
Read all the news!
Added nav mesh building as a step in game loading to avoid starting up with blocked areas for big saves on very slow PCs
Added ability to see how long current vacation is going to last for selected employee
Added window to analyze competition in product detail window
Modded furniture can now snap to multiple different types of snap points at a time
Ability for furniture mods to group snap points together, so only one can be used at a time, by assigning an ID to the Group record of a snap point
Added EXPORT_FURNITURE_POINTS command to export snap and interaction points into modded furniture file
Fixed issues with snapping furniture in basement
Fixed OS showing up in port window while already being ported to, if it was fully released in the meantime
Fixed pallet points not connecting up reliably at angles due floating point precision
Fixed game breaking on rented maps with player owned pillars, because game tried to generate grids inside them as if they were rooms
Internal rotations for snapped furniture are now reset on load to avoid incorrect rotations when duplicating rooms and furniture